The calm before the storm

Have you ever thought about the moments before a show? Either from actor, dancer, singer or comedian. The dressing room antics; warming up voices, stretching limbs, going over jokes.

What does it feel like?

Is it a glamour part of the industry where the makeup and sparkle costumes are applied? Or is it a zone for sheer panic, apprehension and nerves?

I guess when going to see a show you don’t think about that, you sit and wait potentially for the opening number to ease you in.

This is why I want my solo performance to have a screen set up, for the audience to watch my every move before entering the stage. I am hoping for this to be done through live streaming. A 3-5 minute account showing the finishes touches of me getting ready.

Why do I want to do this? Honestly I don’t know. It’s risky tech wise, especially in terms of making sure no one disrupts the video as it’s live. In addition, I am hoping for a run through later this week, to see if the time scale I have allowed will be achievable, and the image projected successful.