Music Maestro

Every show needs good music!

Music plays an integral part of shows, creating atmosphere and tone that the actors themselves may find tricky to do.

I want my show to contain upbeat music so the audience will know, to give some light comedy throughout. During these musical interludes I intend to either put on or take off clothes, to give a visual aide for the progression of the show.

I have deliberately chosen songs about omen and there appearance, all of which are sung by men. Further emphasising the traditional ways of society, what women should look like, what they should wear or not and how they should or shouldn’t act. All of which reinforced buy male singers.

Songs I am interested in:

Elvis Presley – Burning love

Franki Valli – You’re just to good to be true/ can’t take my eyes off of you

Toms Jones – She’s a lady

Manfred man – Do a diddy diddy dum diddy do

At the end of my show I would like to have a contrasting piece of music or poem, helping to change the mood or the piece and reiterate the straits of being a woman in todays society. I am also considering taking my makeup and exposing my bare face (something which I would not normally do in public) to show the fact that women are still the same under the cover of makeup, ‘girly’ clothes and perfect hair.